Yucaipa Water Damage
Nix Professional Restoration responds immediately to any water threat in the Yucaipa, CA and surrounding areas. Water threats come in many forms, including pipe leaks, drain line backups, overflowing toilets, and roof leaks, and all need to be handled promptly. Our complete clean-up services include removal of any standing water, clean up of any debris, and drying of all surfaces, including cabinets, walls, and floors. Our Yucaipa water damage restoration team remains on call 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to assist customers in a timely manner. In most cases, a team arrives on scene within two hours.
Why Water Damage Restoration Is Needed
Cleaning up from water damage can't be that hard. That's what most people assume, only to find they have issues long into the future as a result of their attempt to take this task on alone. Water seeps into walls, under carpets, and into other places where the human eye cannot see it. Furthermore, the extent of the damage in these areas tends to be hard to determine without special tools. Items damaged by the water often appear to be fine after they have been dried, but they may have damage also, as mold is buried in the fibers. Microbial infestations are of concern any time water comes into contact with an object, especially a porous one. The longer items remain wet, the more damage will be sustained. For these reasons, it's best to leave water damage restoration to the pros.
The Process We Use
Nix Professional Restoration understands how troubling water damage tends to be to a property owner, as the property serves as an investment in his or her future. We remain committed to supporting our customers at every step of the process, and we walk you through the steps that need to be taken to restore the property to its pre-loss condition. This begins with a thorough assessment of the property to determine the extent of the damage. Once we have this information in hand, we develop a restoration plan and provide you with your options.
- First and foremost, identify the source of the water and shut the main line off at the house. This prevents further damage until the leak may be located and repaired. In some situations, it is possible to shut the water off in the area of the leak, such as when a clogged toilet is overflowing and water has spread to other rooms. Shutting off the water supply to the toilet is enough in this situation.
- Access the breaker panel and turn off the outlet breakers. This helps to prevent electrical shock. If there is any question of water being present in the area of the breaker panel, avoid this step and exit the home. It's better to be safe than sorry in this situation.
- When all danger has passed for the occupants of the home, contact our restoration team hotline. Emergency crews promptly come in and remove furnishings in the affected area and protect them with plastic. Any light furniture and household decor should be removed prior to this if at all possible to ensure these items aren't damaged. Place aluminum foil or plastic under the legs of any unaffected furniture to ensure these pieces aren't damaged from furniture stain that bleeds, as this may lead to permanent damage.
- After the furniture has been removed, the team makes use of moisture-sensing tools to identify any areas of damage and determine the extent. Often, water remains hidden behind walls and baseboards, under carpets and other flooring materials, and in other areas where it isn't visible to the eye. These tools find areas such as this to ensure the problem is completely rectified the first time. The crew determines the appropriate location and drying process to address each of these areas. The drying process makes use of air purifiers, dehumidifiers, fans, blowers, specialized floor cleaners and driers, sanitizers, mold and mildew remediation products, and wall driers. This is determined by what is found during the assessment.
- Yucaipa homes built before 1978 come with the risk of asbestos and lead paint, thus a risk assessment needs to be conducted on these homes. This assessment allows the team to identify and remove these hazardous materials in a safe and responsible manner.
- To safeguard the contents and undamaged areas of the home, plastic is used. This prevents the spread of dust and debris as well as mold throughout the home. When mold spores become airborne, they can quickly carry to other parts of the home.
- Wet materials often cannot be salvaged, thus our team removes and bags them for disposal. During this process, the team extracts the standing water and ensures it is also properly disposed of. Once the process is complete, the water is removed from the property to be disposed of in a safe manner.
- The affected area undergoes a thorough cleaning before being disinfected. The customer's permission is requested before the disinfectant is used and he or she receives a copy of the material safety data sheet before the disinfectant is applied.
Be aware the drying equipment needs to run continuously throughout the process, and children and pets must be kept away at all times. In the event the equipment shuts off or the customer shuts if off, the drying time is extended. Contact our team immediately if the equipment stops or trips a circuit breaker.
Our years of experience played a role in the development of this process, as we want to ensure the job is done right the first time. It makes use of industry standards but also takes into account our commitment to customer satisfaction at all times. Contact us today to help with your water restoration project. We'll treat your home as if it is our own.
GET HELP FROM NIX!